Retail Support Specialist - New Orleans
The Retail Support Specialist primary responsibility is to facilitate and support the growth of the Produce category in Rouses supermarkets. Continual development of knowledge in supermarket retail trends, product display techniques, new item introductions, quality assurance standards, and evolving consumer expectations for the targeted customer demographic is essential. The position creates value by being agile, executing with a sense of urgency, being a quick adapter, and being dependable for executing responsibilities and making impactful contributions. The ideal candidate would need to live in the New Orleans Metro area. The territory would be Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama. This position reports to the Retail Brand Manager.
The position’s primary functions include:
- Establish collaborative relationships with Rouses Produce Department corporate leaders, regional managers, and store managers,
- Support major produce merchandising events including grand openings, major department resets, new item introductions, and major display promotions,
- Conduct market price checks to ensure retail pricing is competitive,
- Visit competitor operations to understand strengths and weaknesses,
- Proactively identify new items that can be suggested to corporate produce leadership to build sales and create points of differentiation.
- Conduct and report results from “meet the truck” audits to ensure quality, product specifications and order accuracy meets expectations,
- Maintain appropriate communications with Procurement to ensure awareness of any issues or opportunities,
- Contribute to the quality of the quarterly Business Review Meetings at Rouses headquarters,
- Communicate with Operations personnel regarding quality and delivery issues,
- Analyze store credits to identify anomalies and implement corrective action,
- Other retail segment initiatives as appropriate for the scope of the position.
- Sets goals, executes plans, tracks progress, and achieves results through our CRM tool, FreshTech
- Enjoys building collaborative relationships
- Highly attentive to details; exceptional follow-through skills
- Communication. Able to timely and concisely articulate ideas in writing and verbally and log all calls with follow ups in FreshTech
- Ability to plan carefully and manage multiple priorities
- Enjoys fast-paced environments; attuned to the appropriate sense of urgency
- Mobility. Able to travel away from home on a regular basis
- High School Diploma required. Higher education or specialist training is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience. Supermarket experience is preferred.
- Reliable personal auto with required insurance coverage.
- Current driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR).
- Ability to travel regularly to various retail locations in the gulf coast region with up to 20% overnight travel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands are representative of those necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities. If an accommodation is required, an employee should contact their Supervisor or the Employee Relationships and Development Department. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to follow all office and retail supermarket environment physical demands.
The work environment is representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Work environment is usually fast-paced with some short deadlines requiring detailed orientation, adaptability, flexibility, and a sense of urgency.
- Field of work includes roadways, offices, retail supermarkets, refrigerated warehouses, and surrounding grounds.
The employee also understands that nothing in this job description is intended to nor does it change the at-will employment status with Capitol City Produce. The employee will acknowledge that they have read and understand the position description, and agree to accept the responsibilities and obligations outlined above by signing and dating below.