When you work for Capitol City Produce, you discover we are all about people. Whether you are a team member or a customer, we have a singular focus: improving your experience. We gain our energy from creating “Wow!” experiences. So join our team and let us “Wow” you!
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for making the Procurement team and the
procurement process more efficient by performing the administrative duties of the
Procurement department and supporting the entire Procurement team. The position will
collaborate with customers, vendors, Customer Service, Receiving, Marketing, and Accounts
Payable. The position supports the department in other general administrative matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Review and reconcile purchase orders to final pricing and quantities (final passings)
● Resolve discrepancies between the PO and the bill of lading
● Prepare and resolve trouble reports for any issues discovered upon receiving
● Resolve discrepancies between the PO and the invoice
● Collaborate with Accounts Payable to ensure the timely payment of invoices
● Prepare purchase orders in the ERP system
● Coordinate the timing of special shipments for retail customers (ad items, distros, etc.)
● Collaborate with Marketing for promotion of new items, vendor support for food shows,
and work with vendors to support marketing materials including the annual calendar
● Communicate across internal departments as well as vendors and customers
● Provide general administrative support to the entire department
● Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with administrative details ● Extraordinary attention to details, ability to assimilate a broad amount of information
● Excellent issues resolution skills, ability to communicate details clearly
● Excellent organization, prioritization, and follow-up skills
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Strong sense of responsibility and accountability
● Sense of urgency, agile, dependable, and adaptable
● Proficient common office software, preferably Google Suites
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands are typical of an office environment with occasional light lifting and
long periods of computer use. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. An employee should contact
their Supervisor or the Employee Relationships and Development Department if they
believe that an accommodation is needed.
The work environment is typical of an office environment. On occasion, the position will
need to interact with others in a refrigerated warehouse environment. While performing
the duties of this position, the employee shall need proper clothing and shoes for walking in
the refrigerated warehouse from time to time. The work environment is fast-paced with
frequent short deadlines and regular instances of critical or unusual situations requiring a
high level of urgency, adaptability, and flexibility. The work environment has limited
hazards due to visits to the warehouse.
Capitol City Produce is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.