Night Shipping Loader
Capitol City Produce is looking to add a new Loader to our Night Operations Team.
Under the general supervision of the Night Operations Manager and the Night Supervision team. The Night Loader is responsible for the safe ,accurate and timely loading of pallets onto the trailers of trucks.
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- One (1) or more years receiving and warehouse experience.
- Knowledge of Bar Code Technology and Warehouse Management System.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and knowledge of weights and measures.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment in assigned areas, including but not limited to: Forklift, cart, electric ride on pallet jack, pallet jack and voice tech system.
- Must hold a current and active Forklift/Electric Ride on Pallet Jack certification
- Ability to move throughout all areas of the warehouse, receiving & loading area and parking lot.
- Able to wear all necessary personal protective equipment to perform job functions.
- Stand, walk and/or sit continuously and perform job functions for a full shift with a meal break.
- Willing to work in a refrigerated environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the loading of trucks with the Night Office Specialist and Truck mover to insure the accuracy and timely execution of the loading process.
- Will use the pallet map to determine how the truck should be loaded.
- Using the RF handheld scanner to scan the barcode on the pallet tag and the barcode located in the trailer
- Make sure all pallets are stacked properly and tightly wrapped before loading the pallet on a truck.
- Work closely with the Night Quality team to make sure all POV and critical pallets are checked for quality before being loaded.
- Use a temperature gun to check the ambient temperature of the truck trailer.
- Accurately fill out the AM/PM Outbound Checklist after each truck is loaded and return it to the Night Office Specialist.
- Follow all safety procedures and protocols in the execution of the loader duties