Day Shipping Specialist
What does the Day Shipping Specialist do?
The Day Shipping Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day activities in the shipping department; quality and productivity; coordinating these efforts to ensure efficient functioning and on-time customer deliveries. They work on increasing productivity, improving efficiency, and strive for error-free service to our customers while working to ensure order fulfillment meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in Quality Assurance/Control in a warehouse environment or Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Food distribution industry experience is highly preferred.
- Good computer skills.
- Must be well organized.
- Possess good oral, reading, writing and math skills.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently respond to questions from company departmental staff, customers, and regulatory auditors as required.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and situations that require patience and courtesy.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk throughout warehouse continuously.
- Must be able to withstand cold temperatures in a produce warehouse environment.
Why join the team at CCP?
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Weekly Pay & On Demand Pay!!!
- Wellness Program
- Matching 401k!!!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance – Life, Accident, Cancer, and Short Term Disability
- Employee Training and Development
- Secured Access for Entire Facility
Capitol City Produce is a family owned and operated wholesale produce distributor rooted in core values that create an incredible work environment and team culture. We’re on the move and kicking off a new warehouse and office expansion to be completed in the fall of 2024. Come and be a part of our growth!