Day Receiving Office Lead
Are you looking for a career and not just a job?
If so, We are looking to fill our open Receiving Office Lead position in Baton Rouge, LA!
Come Grow Your Career With Us!
The Receiving Office Lead works under the direction of the Day Warehouse Operations Shift Supervisor and is responsible for contributing to the success of the Receiving Department. The Receiving Office Lead is responsible for performing administrative duties relating to organizing and reconciling receiving activities for the Receiving department.
- High School Diploma; some college a plus
- 3-4 years of experience in an administrative capacity; experience in the receiving environment is preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of individuals in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to deal effectively with interpersonal relationships.
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism.
- Must be computer literate with the capability of performing at an intermediate or advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite of products or similar software applications.
- Must be highly organized and capable of performing multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Interaction, communicates well with others
- Execution skills, gets results expediently
- Accountable, makes commitments on time
- Achiever, enjoys a participatory, high performance team culture
- Creative, takes a broad concept and implements solutions
- Visionary, anticipates future conditions
- Policy and Procedures, consistently follows routine operations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verify receiving documents for accuracy.
- Ensure all standard operating procedures are followed during the receiving process (from driver to receiver to driver).
- Purchase order and b.o.l quantities match.
- Print receiving tags
- Research, resolve and communicate receiving discrepancies via email to appropriate departments.
- Maintain office supplies for the receiving office.
- Input repack productivity into performance tracker (daily).
- Email p.o's not received list to procurement and receiving team prior to end of shift.
- Email the shipping team on any purchase order to be received during shipping.
- Print slot and reserve tags for inventory control.
- Input data into purchase order tracker (daily).
- Schedule inbound appointments.
- Communicate purchase order discrepancies to procurement prior to releasing the
- Complete and email daily receiving report when applicable.
- Track and report late deliveries.
- Compile a list of purchase orders scheduled and not received, and email results to operations and procurement departments.
- Perform other clerical related duties as needed or assigned driver.
EXPECTED PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
The physical demands are those customary to an office environment. However, substantial time is required in a refrigerated warehouse environment where physical safety and food safety clothing will be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An employee should contact his or her Supervisor or the Human Resources Department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Work environment is usually fast paced with frequent short deadlines and regular instances of critical or unusual situations requiring a high level of adaptability and flexibility.
- Field of work includes offices, the refrigerated warehouse and surrounding grounds.
- Limited hazards due to visits to the warehouse and surrounding areas.
The employee also understands that nothing in this restricted job description is intended to nor does it change the at will employment status with Capitol City Produce. The employee will acknowledge that they have read and understand the position description, and agree to accept the responsibilities and obligations outlined above by signing and dating below.