When you work for Capitol City Produce, you discover we are all about people. Whether you are a team member or a customer, we have a singular focus: improving your experience. We gain our energy from creating “Wow!” experiences. So join our team and let us “Wow” you!
What does the Transportation Delivery Driver do?
The Transportation Delivery Driver will work under the direction of the Transportation Leadership Staff and is responsible for the safe, efficient, reliable and environmentally compliant operation of a CDL refrigerated truck. Maintain professional relations with all Customers, Dispatch Day and Night Receiving Manager, Capitol City Produce Staff, subordinates, peers and vendors. Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week. Required to work a schedule determined by the Transportation Manager, but may be changed by Transportation Manager based on company needs.
What Licenses are required?
Class A License
- $21 - no TWIC Card
- $21.50 - with a TWIC Card
Class B License
- $19 - no TWIC Card
- $19.50 with a TWIC Card
- A year or more of driving experience in a straight box truck or vehicle larger
- Valid Louisiana Class A or B Driver’s License
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills
- Ability to work morning, afternoon, early evening, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Ability to work route beginning at 3:00 a.m. and generally ending by 6:00 p.m.
- Should be able to obtain DOT Medical Card
- Clear MVR (no more than 1 moving violation within a rolling calendar year)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An employee should contact his or her Supervisor or the Human Resources Department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to follow all warehouse environment physical demands. Lifting of objects up to 60 lbs. may be necessary. Pushing objects up to 500 lbs. This position requires moderate climbing, kneeling, crawling, stooping, squatting or bending. It does require working in a constant 34 degree temperatures in coolers, as well as, a below 0 degree cooler.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Work environment is usually fast paced with frequent short deadlines and regular instances of critical or unusual situations requiring a high level of adaptability and flexibility.
- Field of work includes offices, the refrigerated warehouse and surrounding grounds.
- Limited hazards due to visits to the warehouse and surrounding areas.
Capitol City Produce is a Capitol City Produce is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.