As a member of our family owned business, the Delivery Driver is responsible for the safe, efficient, reliable and environmentally compliant operation of a Refrigerated Insulated truck. Maintain professional relationships with all Customers, Dispatch Day and Night Receiving Manager, Capitol City Produce Staff, subordinates, peers and vendors. Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week. Required to work a scheduled determined by the Transportation Manager, but may be changed by Transportation Manager based on company needs.
- A year or more of driving experience in a straight box truck or vehicle larger
- Valid Louisiana Class A or B Driver’s License
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills
- Ability to work morning, afternoon, early evening, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Ability to work route beginning at 3:00 a.m. and generally ending by 6:00 p.m.
- Should be able to obtain DOT Medical Card
- Clear MVR (no more than 1 moving violation within a rolling calendar year)
Capitol City Produce is a wholesale produce distributor, located at 1-12 and O'Neal lane in Baton Rouge. We service our customers with fresh fruits and vegetables, local produce, specialty produce, and fresh dairy products. Our delivery area encompasses a 200 miles radius of the Baton Rouge area. We are proud to say that for over 70 years we have remained true to our company’s core values of Customer Service, Quality Products, Respect for the Team, and Integrity.