Day Receiving Unloader
When you work for Capitol City Produce, you discover we are all about people. Whether you are a team member or a customer, we have a singular focus: improving your experience. We gain our energy from creating “Wow!” experiences. So join our team and let us “Wow” you!
What does the Day Receiving Unloader do?
The Day Receiving Unloader is responsible for making sure the product is put in the proper location and all coolers are properly rotated. Make sure proper rotation of product is completed on a daily basis. Will maintain and organize products in the cooler on a daily basis. The Day Receiving Unloader is also responsible for following company policies & procedures and safety & security standards as well as ensuring they are in compliance with operational standards.
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Previous forklift operating experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in receiving and warehouse preferred.
- Able to follow oral and written direction.
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime.
- Move objects up to and exceeding 200 lbs with reasonable accommodation.
- Physically able to continuously stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle and move items weighing up to 60 lbs.
- Have reliable transportation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Move all produce from the dock to its designated cooler.
- Will utilize the Produce Pro system and scan all pallets to complete all forklift transactions.
- May breakdown pallets and sort product by item.
- Will maintain, organize or rotate product in coolers daily, by moving product to its proper location.
- Will verify that all incoming produce is properly tagged before releasing to be placed in inventory.
- May be required to use pre-printed labels, will affix coordinating label to proper box.
- Running product – will view produce for freshness and proper ripeness. Will remove and discard old produce from box into a trash can.
- Throughout the warehouse, will sweep up spilled product, into dust pan, and dispose into a trash can.
- Maintain safe and organized work environment to meet set Company safety policies.
- Ensure that all work activities are performed with the highest standards regarding food safety and providing feedback for continuous process improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Why join the team at CCP?
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Weekly Pay & On Demand Pay!!!
- Wellness Program
- Matching 401k!!!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance – Life, Accident, Cancer, and Short Term Disability
- Employee Training and Development
- Secured Access for Entire Facility
Capitol City Produce is a family owned and operated wholesale produce distributor rooted in core values that create an incredible work environment and team culture. We’re on the move and kicking off a new warehouse and office expansion to be completed in the fall of 2024. Come and be a part of our growth!